Thursday, October 10, 2013

CAS-TOK Connections Reflection

4. Recently, we've discussed knowing and believing and having good reasons. What are good reasons for claiming learining outcomes for a CAS proposal? Refer to one or more specific CAS learning outcomes. [TOK critical thinking]

The reason that we can claim learning outcomes for CAS is because we do not know if they will be achieved but we believe that we will achieve them. The reason that we believe that we will acquire these learning outcomes is because we have faith that we will learn certain things from the CAS activity. For example, commitment is one of the learning outcomes for CAS and it is one of my learning outcomes that I believe I can achieve from going to yoga every week. I believe that I can be committed to going to yoga because I am motivated to do it and have the mindset that I will try to achieve this goal, but it is highly possible that I just stop going to yoga class every week and therefore I will not be committed to the activity. I will not know that I have learned to be committed to an activity such as yoga till the future where I have evidence of being committed to the class. The CAS reflections are a wonderful to make sure that I stay committed and follow through with something I can believe I can do, because when doing CAS reflections it forces you to write down your thoughts about the activity. I know as of right now I am struggling to stay committed to my yoga class because I feel that I do not have time to go to yoga with all of the homework I have to do, and by the time I get home I am too tired and have to drag myself to class. If it wasn't for the CAS reflections I would not go every week and I would probably eventually stop going and I would not think anything of it, but because of the CAS reflections and having a learning outcome that I want to achieve being commitment I know that I have to go and follow through with the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment